Manitoba is a great place to live!
- People are friendly and relaxed
- Lots of sunshine
- Unspoiled nature – 100,000 lakes for swimming, fishing and skating; beautiful parks for camping, and outdoor barbecues
- Lower cost of living than most other provinces
Altered Minds helps newcomers get settled in the following ways:
- Provide orientation to life in Manitoba, including employment, government programs, community resources, rights and responsibilities, the education system and family matters
- Identify and resolve settlement challenges
- Provide information on essential programs and services
- Computers 4 Life:
- We offer morning and afternoon in-person classes as well as evening classes online.
- It’s a 24-hours part-time program, days vary (2 days a week, 3 hours class, 4 weeks/program),
(3 days a week, 2 hours class, 4 weeks/program), (2 days a week, 2 hours class, 6 weeks/program).
- SOPA – Settlement Online Pre-Arrival (With support from ISANS):
- SOPA facilitators deliver online courses to prepare pre-arrival immigrants for successful integration into the labour market.
- Entry Program Online (EPO) [Not provided from March 2020]:
- Online orientation course, which includes face to face, facilitated and self-guided orientation activities.
- Incorporated a French version – Programme d’orientation enligne – in 2016
- Living English[Not provided from March 2020]:
- Started in 2008
- Activity based EAL program for adults with limited English Language and literacy skills.
- In 2016 the program included EAL classes for school age children.
- Entry Program[Not provided from March 2020]:
- Provides settlement orientation and language instruction for adult newcomers to Winnipeg.