Manitoba is a great place to live!
- People are friendly and relaxed
- Lots of sunshine
- Unspoiled nature – 100,000 lakes for swimming, fishing and skating; beautiful parks for camping, and outdoor barbecues
- Lower cost of living than most other provinces
Altered Minds helps newcomers get settled in the following ways:
- Provide orientation to life in Manitoba, including employment, government programs, community resources, rights and responsibilities, the education system and family matters
- Identify and resolve settlement challenges
- Provide information on essential programs and services
- Entry Program:
- Provides settlement orientation and language instruction for adult newcomers to Winnipeg
- Entry Program Online (EPO):
- Online orientation course, which includes face to face, facilitated and self-guided orientation activities.
- Incorporated a French version – Programme d’orientation enligne – in 2016
- Living English:
- Started in 2008
- Activity based EAL program for adults with limited English Language and literacy skills.
- In 2016 the program included EAL classes for school age children
- SOPA – Settlement Online Pre-Arrival (With support from ISANS):
- SOPA facilitators deliver online courses to prepare pre-arrival immigrants for successful integration into the labour market.