Altered Minds Inc
is looking for skilled EAL teachers
for part-time positions, primarily in the evening
We are looking for Adult EAL/ESL teachers with experience in curriculum development and teaching a variety of different levels. A solid background in student-centred, communicative methodology is required. Cross cultural experience or fluency in another language is an asset and previous experience teaching ESL in an academic or work-related setting is preferred.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Education and a post graduate TESL certificate, or a combination of training and experience teaching English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- Demonstrated experience with needs assessment, curriculum development, locating resource materials, and creating lesson plans that meet the needs of diverse learners
- Able to provide a framework in which learners achieve individual learning goals (e.g. pronunciation, grammar, conversation, employment-related language, reading/writing, idioms), while engaging in communicative practice as a group
- Knowledge of the programs and services for immigrants, including basic settlement, employment supports, and pathways to employment
- Excellent English proficiency in speaking, listening, reading and writing, and pronunciation that does not interfere with communication
- Cross-cultural experience and fluency in a language other than English is an asset
- Able to work respectfully with people from diverse cultural backgrounds is required
Deadline: November 2, 2018 or until positions are filled
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Trevor Pfahl, at email@example.com
Altered Minds Inc. / ESL Program
400-259 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2A9
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.